Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resin curing in the middle with no object there.
(03-28-2021, 09:25 PM)cliffyk Wrote: Open up the case and check that pathetic little thing they felt was a suitable connector for a user installed consumable component--make sure it's seated properly...
Good morning,

I have done the following:
Reseated the pin connector for the LCD (a few times before was thinking the same); and
Ran the exposure test quite a few times prior over the last few weeks, no "holes' or abnormalities seen; and
Printed a two small objects placed at the end of the build area, successful prints with cured resin in the middle of the vat since purchase/replaement; and
Ran the LCD Test no issues:
Tried another print; same concerns; and
Tried the LCDtest seen one hole (link didn't work got one from thingverse); and
Tried another print; and
Same results - objects placed on the end of each of the print areas and successful and resin cured in the middle;
Tried LCD test and NOW I have about 13 holes on the screen at random spots throughout the print area.

Going to order a new LCD screen...*sigh*.
MTF in a few days.

Just frustrated that this new screen didn't work form the beginning, now that I ran so many tests and troubleshoot I may have reached the end life of the LCD screen without having full capability.
NOTE: also noticed two little red lights on the board that has the LCD pin attachment point on it. The one lite is nearest the pin connection point, upper right and one lite on towards the back of the board, same side but further to the rear of the printer.

AF

Messages In This Thread
RE: Resin curing in the middle with no object there. - by Alienfrog - 03-29-2021, 05:24 AM